I recently had the privilege to write an Office 365 administration cookbook for Packt intended for O365 administrators. “Cookbooks” take a large topic, like O365 administration, and divide it into major subject areas each with their own set of “recipes” or step-by-step guides to complete popular tasks.
My friends Gaurav Mahajan and Sudeep Ghatak also wrote an O365 cookbook for Packt that is written for the end-user audience. I was honored to be able to write a foreword for their book, and am impressed with the amount of knowledge they’ve captured and shared in their nearly 800-page cookbook.
More information on each can be found below:
Microsoft 365 and SharePoint Online Cookbook
Embrace modern solutions to enhance collaboration, teamwork, robotic process automation, and business intelligence in your organization using powerful Microsoft 365 services (formerly Office 365)
- Gain a complete overview of popular Microsoft 365 services using practical recipes and expert insights
- Collaborate with your team and external users effectively using SharePoint and Teams
- Create no-code and low-code solutions, such as bots, forms, dashboards, and workflows, using the Power platform
Microsoft 365 in an integrated suite that provides intelligent tools for managing everyday organizational tasks like content management, communication, creating reports, and automating business processes. With this book, you’ll get to grips with popular apps from Microsoft, with a focus on enabling workspace collaboration and productivity using Microsoft SharePoint Online, Teams, and the Power Platform to name a few.
In addition to guiding you through the implementation of Microsoft 365 apps, this practical guide helps you to learn from a Microsoft consultant’s extensive experience of working with the Microsoft business suite. Starting with a quick overview of the M365 ecosystem, the book covers recipes for implementing SharePoint Online for various content management tasks. You’ll learn how to create sites for your organization and enhance collaboration across the business and then see how you can boost productivity with apps such as Microsoft Teams, Power Platform, Planner, Delve, and M365 Groups. Using a step-by-step approach, you’ll also find out how to use the Power Platform efficiently, making the most of Microsoft PowerApps, Power Automate, PowerBI, and Power Virtual Agents. Finally, the book focuses on the SharePoint framework, which helps you to build custom Teams and SharePoint solutions.
By the end of the book, you’ll be equipped with the skills required to set up Microsoft 365 and SharePoint Online and be ready to enhance business productivity using a variety of tools.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with a wide range of apps and cloud services in Microsoft 365
- Discover ways to use SharePoint Online to create and manage content
- Store and share documents using SharePoint Online
- Improve your search experience with Microsoft Search
- Leverage the Power Platform to build business solutions with Power Automate, Power Apps, Power BI, and Power Virtual Agents
- Enhance native capabilities in SharePoint and Teams using the SPFx framework
- Use Microsoft Teams to meet, chat, and collaborate with colleagues or external users
Who this book is for
This book is for business professionals, IT administrators, enterprise developers and architects, and anyone who wants to get to grips with using M365 for effective implementation of Microsoft apps. Prior experience with Office 365 and SharePoint will assist with understanding the recipes effortlessly.
Table of Contents
- Overview of Microsoft 365
- Introduction to SharePoint Online
- Working with Modern Sites in SharePoint Online
- Working with Lists and Libraries in SharePoint Online
- Document Management in SharePoint
- Term Store and Content Types in SharePoint Online
- OneDrive for Business
- Search in Microsoft 365
- Office Delve
- Microsoft 365 Groups
- Microsoft Teams
- Yammer – The Enterprise Social Network
- Power Automate (Microsoft Flow)
- Power BI
- Power Virtual Agents
- Custom Development – SharePoint Framework
- Microsoft 365 on Mobile
Microsoft Office 365 Administration Cookbook
Make the most out of your investment in Office 365 apps and services with this Microsoft Office cookbook
- Learn how to manage and secure the entire Office 365 stack in addition to specific services
- Delve into newer and frequently shifting areas such as Power Platform, Microsoft Teams, and Microsoft Search administration
- Discover carefully selected techniques that cover a range of administrative tasks of varying difficulty levels
Organizations across the world have switched to Office 365 to boost workplace productivity. However, to maximize investment in Office 365, you need to know how to efficiently administer Office 365 solutions.
Microsoft Office 365 Administration Cookbook is packed with recipes to guide you through common and not so common administrative tasks throughout Office 365. Whether you’re administering a single app such as SharePoint or organization-wide Security & Compliance across Office 365, this cookbook offers a variety of recipes that you’ll want to have to hand. The book begins by covering essential setup and administration tasks. You’ll learn how to manage permissions for users and user groups along with automating routine admin tasks using PowerShell. You’ll then progress through to managing core Office 365 services such as Exchange Online, OneDrive, SharePoint Online, and Azure Active Directory (AD). This book also features recipes that’ll help you to manage newer services such as Microsoft Search, Power Platform, and Microsoft Teams. In the final chapters, you’ll delve into monitoring, reporting, and securing your Office 365 services.
By the end of this book, you’ll have learned to manage individual Office 365 services along with monitoring, securing, and optimizing your entire Office 365 deployment efficiently.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with basic Office 365 setup and routine administration tasks
- Manage Office 365 identities and groups efficiently and securely
- Harness the capabilities of PowerShell to automate common administrative tasks
- Configure and manage core Office 365 services such as Exchange Online, SharePoint, and OneDrive
- Configure and administer fast-evolving services such as Microsoft Search, Power Platform, Microsoft Teams, and Azure AD
- Get up and running with advanced threat protection features provided by the Microsoft 365 Security & Compliance Center
- Protect your organization’s sensitive data with Office 365 Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Monitor activities and behaviors across all Office 365 services
Who This Book Is For
This book is for newer Office 365 administrators and IT pros alike, and comes with recipes of varying difficulty levels along with step-by-step guidance. Whether you are new to Office 365 administration or just seeking new ideas, this cookbook contains recipes to enhance your organization’s app and service management and productivity.