Update 10/14/2019: My MS-101 exam guide is now available for pre-order. Also, the courses previously listed below are no longer available and have been removed.
If you’re pursuing the M365 Enterprise Administrator Expert certification, you’ll need to pass MS-100 and MS-101, as well as a prerequisite certification (see link for more info). The following study materials will help with preparing for these two exams.
Also, if you haven’t heard, the current MCSA exams 70-346 & 70-347 have retired so the exams below may very well be part of your new path:
Order exam prep books
My exam guide covers every MS-101 exam objective, helping you prepare for taking and passing the MS-101 exam. Includes:
- Self-assessment example questions at the end of each chapter
- Further reading recommendations for each objective
- Exam tips throughout
- Two 20-question mock exams with detailed answer explanations
Other exam prep books
Order the MS-100 exam prep book (release date May 6, 2019)
Order the MS-101 exam prep book (release date June 27, 2019)
- Check LinkedIn Learning for MS-100 and MS-101 topics. You may have better luck searching for specific exam objectives than exam names.
- Check Microsoft Learn for specific exam objectives.
Note: Previous OpenEdX courses have been archived and are not open for enrollment as of this post’s last update. If you had previously enrolled, you may review the archived course content by logging in.
Other blogs and pages
- The actual exam pages for MS-100 and MS-101 outline all objectives covered in the exams
- Check out my MS-101 exam study guide blog post, with links to relevant docs.microsoft.com material for every exam objective
- Mark O’Shea’s intunedin.net links to many docs.microsoft.com articles directly related to exam objectives
- SuperHybridCloud study notes for MS-100 and study notes for MS-101 coming soon
Ignite overview video
Ready to take the exams?
- Buy exam voucher + replay (extra try if needed) on MindHub
- Schedule an exam:
5 Replies to “MS-100 & MS-101 Exam Study Guides”
The explanation is not correct. When you pass MS-100 and MS-101 you will not become an Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert. You need to pass another prerequisite: Passing Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate or Passing: Microsoft 365 Certified: Teamwork Administrator or Passing: Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate or Passing Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator Associate
This is described in following article: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/m365-enterprise-administrator.aspx
Thanks for the update. I’ll update the post as well. This was written months ago during beta so I imagine some things have indeed changed. I appreciate it.
… unless you’ve already got the MCSE: Productivity certification in which case you do only need to pass MS-100 and MS-101 to obtain Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert 🙂