My newest video demonstrates how you can create a task in Planner whenever an item is added to a SharePoint list. In my example, I’m assigning Planner tasks whenever a new IT Support Request comes in.
For this to work, you’ll need:
- A SharePoint list
- A Planner plan for your team to share
How to automate Planner task creation based on SharePoint list additions
- Prepare your SharePoint list (any columns you’re tracking)
- Prepare your Planner plan (set up buckets, labels, etc. as you wish)
- Create the Power Automate flow following steps in my video.
- Type and trigger: Automated when an item is created (SharePoint)
- Second/last step: Create a task (Planner)
- Expression used to set due date a week after creation: addDays(triggerOutputs()?[‘body/Created’],7)